Ozaukee Washington Land Trust (OWLT) is seeking a dedicated individual with a passion for conservation, a creative vision and skill to communicate the needs of OWLT, and the ability to motivate others to support our mission through engagement.
- Impeccable writing and speaking skills to create compelling messages to supporters.
- Ability to create elegantly designed publications for print and web.
- Proven track record of building professional relationships and passion for connecting people to an organization’s mission.
- Driven leader who is ready to take ownership and provide thought leadership. We are not a team of micromanagers - we are team players!
- Lead content creation for OWLT email, print, and social media channels.
- Assist with content creation for OWLT website content and digital/print presentation.
- Assist with content creation for permanent and temporary preserve signage and communications (rotating kiosk content).
- Build relationships with traditional media to disseminate stories in relevant media.
- Connecting Executive Director and Development Director to key constituencies within the community and setting up meetings/presentation.
- Connect OWLT supporters, (especially previous board members, donors, etc.) community members, civic organizations, businesses, with OWLT programs.
- Work with OWLT stewardship and land protection staff and OWLT supporters to create mission-aligned community engagement experiences: e.g. nature hikes, workdays.
- Record and follow-up on all volunteer/hunter applications and donor/community member requests. Work with appropriate team member to complete requests.
- Launch OWLT preserve and workday sponsorship programs for business sponsor
- With guidance from Development Director, work as lead for community engagement events including, a minimum of, two annual fundraising events. Recruiting new event sponsors, coordinating day of fundraising event activities (from auction items to seating charts).
- Data entry: updating relationship management software (Little Green Light) with timely updates to maintain strong relationships through constituent record maintenance.
- Work with Development Director and Operation Manager to ensure timely and secure contribution processing and acknowledgment and to ensure print and email mailing lists are accurate.
- Donor database or similar CRM programs (OWLT currently uses Little Green Light)
- Graphic design and presentation programs, such as Photoshop, InDesign, Publisher, PowerPoint
- Experience with online communication programs, GetResponse/Constant Contact/Mailchimp, and social meeting platforms Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Experience with website content creation and implementation.
Full-time Compensation: $40,000 base + Annual Health Stipend and 3% Simple IRA contribution
Reports to: Development Director. 70/30 split of time between fundraising and programs. Coordinates across organization to support communications and community engagement with conservation efforts.
Submit letter of interest, portfolio images/link, and resume by 06/30/21 to Leona Knobloch, Development Director at .
Official Position Announcement: OWLT_Communications_and_Engagement_Coordinator_Position.pdf